Assistant Education Director
The Wade Institute for Science Education (formerly MITS) is a not-for profit corporation whose mission is to promote the teaching of participatory, inquiry-based science, mathematics and technology/engineering education at the K-12 levels in partnership with museums and other non-profit organizations. The Wade Institute provides Professional Development programs and resources for K-12 formal and informal educators. The Assistant Education Director works closely with the Director of Education to coordinate and maintain current Wade Institute programs, provide programmatic and administrative support for these programs, and assist with developing new initiatives. This is a full time position based in Quincy, MA with some travel throughout Massachusetts.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and coordination of week-long, graduate level Summer Professional Development Institutes for K-12 educators
- Responsible for development, implementation and management of Professional Development Seminar Series for Wade Institute partner organizations
- Assist with development, implementation and management of:
- Customized Professional Learning Services for schools/school districts
- Focus Workshops
- Assist with organizing and presenting workshops and conference presentations for teachers, museum educators and informal educators
- Work with Wade Institute Lead Educators to coordinate logistics, registration, marketing and record keeping for Summer Professional Development Institutes
- Serve as the liaison for the Wade Institute to institutions of higher education providing graduate credit for Wade Institute graduate courses
- Assist with marketing and promoting of Wade Institute programs and resources
- Assist with mailings, record keeping and other office tasks as required
- Masters Degree in education, science or related field
- Formal and/or informal teaching experience using inquiry based, hands-on methods
- Experience with program development and delivery of professional learning programs for formal and/or informal educators
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively and in a team
- Familiarity of National and Massachusetts education issues and STEM initiatives
- Working knowledge of NGSS and MA STE Standards
- Willingness to travel to meetings throughout MA
- Knowledge of Schoology and Canvas learning platforms desirable
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Closing Date: Until the position is filled.
For further information about the Wade Institute for Science Education, visit www.wadeinstitutema.org.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to the Wade Institute for Science Education, 1354 Hancock Street, Suite 302, Quincy, MA 02169, or email@example.com.
The Wade Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted: February 8, 2019